Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Home Invasion


So we get a knock on our door Sunday from a neighbor asking us if we knew we had a swarm of bees on the side of our house. Obviously we didn't! We called out the Bee Master today, and discovered we have approx a 60 pound honeybee hive under our roof. The bee lady told us probably between 40 to 60 thousand bees living under our roof! They sprayed poison on the bees today, and will come back in 72 hours to then cut holes in our roof and remove the hive. No worries, this will only cost us about $1200 for the hive removal and then another $500 to $800 to get the roof fixed. I am about ready to march up to the top of my roof and demand rent from the queen for the last few weeks. Doesn't she know how much gas costs?? You can't really see it on the picture, but the hive entrance is right in the corner on top between the two windows. I guess bees pick houses randomly.. how did we get so lucky??

5 comments:

Amanda XOX said...

Wow! All I can say is wow!

Alison said...

Oh.my.gosh! Jen-sixty thousand bees? I'm suprised you didn't hear a constant humming! I'm so sorry! I hate to say it, but it's kinda funny-how random is that?

David Fife said...

Oh my goodness!!! WOW!!! That is kinda funny, but it totally sucks!! LOL. I blew up the picture and still can't see anything. Send Jared up on the roof to take a better picture. Are they honey bees? Maybe they will let you keep the honey :)

Danny and Michelle Zamora Family said...

that is so crazy..the same thing happen to my brother who lives about 8 miles away from you. I am so sorry!

Melissa said...

Not to long ago I was on my way out of my house and saw a huge swarm of bees flying in my front yard and then away. They were massive and thick. It was so crazy. Like something out of a hitchcock movie. The day before Josh had seen a bunch of bees in our garage. Maybe their queen died and they were looking for a new home. The queen should definitely pay.