Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nothing special..just my boys

Jared took these pictures of the boys last week and I thought they were cute.......
Jared has been slowly recovering from the "antelope" accident. Tomorrow it will be three weeks and he feels a little better everyday. He is hoping to go back to work on the 6th of August but we are just waiting to see how he feels by then. Since he has been home, his mom has been so kind to come over and help watch the kids and I have been working an extra day. The last 5 years I have only worked 3 days a week! It's crazy working this extra day how behind I have gotten on laundry and keeping the house clean. I just signed up today to take my first Biology class towards becoming an RN. I know I know, I am crazy to want to go back to school and get another degree at this point in my life, but I don't ever want to teach again, and I've really been thinking that being a nurse would be a great career. I have 4 Biology classes and one math to take, and then hopefully I will be accepted into the RN program. My grandfather, my father's dad, has been really sick the last few days. The doctors are thinking that he has Congestive Heart Failure, plus he has prostate cancer that has spread to his spine. It's sad to watch people you love suffer.. My dad is having such a hard time dealing with his parents aging, it breaks my heart. It's not something you ever want to face in life... what to do with your aging parents? I am so thankful for my parents, and Jared's parents. They are amazing grandparents, and parents..

8 comments:

Danny and Michelle Zamora Family said...

wow...first of all love the picts of the boys...second-you are not crazy for going back to school. That is never crazy and third-why don't you ever want to teach again?? And I am sorry about your grandfather...it sounds like it has been a long hard road for your dad.....sometimes getting older is hard!

Laundry said...

wow.. is right.. first off. haha
love the pics of your boys!!! I still need to meet them. haha. oh well. maybe the next time I go out there.

I'm glad Jared is getting better too.

Sorry about your grandpa.. it's not easy watching people you love go through pain.

and you're not crazy for wanting to go back to school!!! heck my mom went back for awhile about a year ago. she really enjoyed it.

and I can't wait to get into college. I've been out of school too long..

Fife Fam said...

First off... How is Jared doing?? :) Those pictures are super cute... I think Aiden is ADORABLE!! He looks like a natural with the hat. Mom told me about your school, I think it is GREAT... good for you!! Sorry about your grandparents!

Cassie

Amanda XOX said...

What, you never want to teach again!?!? =o)

I'm totally with you on that one!

Good luck with all the biology and math

Alison said...

Sorry about your Grandpa-he's so lucky to have your Dad around at this time. Is your uncle still in town too?
Good luck with your classes. You may find it to be a great escape some days! You're so smart that you won't have any problems.
I know why you don't ever want to teach again. Two words: Mrs. Buckle! Funny that even I remember her!
Have a great day!

Michael said...

Jen,

I wouldn't have wanted to teach in the first place! :)

But seriously, we are all so sad to hear about your Grandpa. Our families sure have been hit by a lot of illness this year. It seems to have all started after Grandma P died. Strange, huh?

We are also glad to hear that your Hubby is feeling better.

JenWood said...

For everyone that asked, I just have no desire to teach again. I don't know why... MAMA BUCKLES perhaps (AL) I loved being a teacher while I was teaching, but I think since I have been out of the classroom for so long, and all the BS that goes along with being a teacher, my desires for a career have changed. Teachers are amazing people, and I have great admiration for them, I just don't want to do it again....

Maria said...

Hi Jen,
It was fun talking to you yesterday. You'll be a great nurse - even if it totally messes up our daycare plan....